Sunday, August 11, 2013

About me


The kitchen is where my hearts at. It's truly become a passion of mine.  I enjoy cooking and baking for my family and friends, and to add to my enjoyment I now have gathered the courage to share recipes I've grown to love with everyone. There's nothing like preparing a special meal and or dessert for the one's I love and seeing the delight on their faces when they take their first bite! :) It's pretty special. Some of the recipes I'll be sharing with you are family recipes, recipes I've created, as well as sharing my variation on classic recipes. My overall approach on food is to make tasty simple food- yet offer healthier alternatives every chance I get. I've struggled with my weight for a very long time and unfortunately still am. I really want to help anyone who maybe stumped on how to make healthier ingredient swap outs when their cooking at home.  Occasionally I'll share some  not so healthy recipes too (I'm human lol) however, I'll definitely be sharing a lot more better-for-you recipes. My inspiration in putting my spin on recipes is simple- I buy what looks good at my grocery store, along with what's in season and on sale.  I then think about what ingredients will pair nicely together and then it's trial and error from there lol. I'm no chef- I simply cook from the heart and appreciate the art of simple yet delicious food. I hope you try my recipes and enjoy them with your loved ones as much as I do with mine.

Sincerely, 

Jocy

No comments:

Post a Comment