Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Alfredo Sauce- Ep. 8


Hi Everyone,

 I really enjoy an Alfredo pasta however I always feel so guilty every time I buy a jar from the grocery store and when I dine out. To lessen the guilt I decided to do some research in finding what an Alfredo sauce consists of and came up with this healthier version. I now can enjoy an Alfredo pasta and not feel as guilty because I know what's in it and I'm able to control the amount of ingredients, such as using a healthier cream cheese, not adding so much butter, adding extra garlic (one of my favorite ingredients), and using skim milk. I made 1/2 lb. of pasta and was left with about 1/2 cup of the sauce- if you're like me and don't like too much sauce in your pasta that may happen. The less than five minutes it takes to make is so worth it and it sure beats buying the jarred stuff. Enjoy!


Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients:

1 Cup skim milk
1/2 Cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 Cup cream cheese (1/3 less fat)
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp garlic powder
Salt - to taste
Pepper - to taste



Instructions:

1. In a sauce pan on medium heat add milk, cream cheese, butter, seasonings and stir to combine well.
2. Break down cream cheese with spoon and give another stir. Use whisk to help breakdown cream cheese if needed.
3. Once sauce is smooth add Parmesan cheese, stir until well combined.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment