Thursday, September 5, 2013

Less Guilt Peanut Butter Banana Nut Muffins - Ep. 4



Hey everyone,

A few days ago a good friend moved into the building I live in. As a "welcome to the neighborhood/building" gesture (people still do that, right?) Anyway, I decided to bake her and her family these beautiful peanut butter banana nut muffins. Earlier in the week I had bought some bananas from my grocery store and it was now the ending of the week which made it perfect for me to use up the rest of my bananas as they were very ripe. I try my hardest to not let any food go to waste, which is why I love that I can enjoy fresh bananas on their own, in a smoothie, or in a banana cream pudding -just to name a few ways of how I enjoy them when they're at their freshest. However, once bananas have a lot of brown spots and are a brown color they're at their sweetest which makes for a delicious banana bread and/or muffins- best of all they don't go to waste, which is always a plus in my book! Which brings me to why I decided to bake my new neighbors these better for you, delicious, and moist peanut butter banana nut muffins. The better for you ingredients I used were white whole wheat flour, Truvia baking blend, and reduced fat peanut butter. The nice thing about this recipe - other than they're amazingly delicious, moist and a healthier alternative- is that you don't need a stand or hand mixer and they don't require any elbow grease to make them. The batter is very easy to work with. Once the muffins were out of the oven I let them cool and shared them with my new neighbors- she enjoyed two of them in one sitting. If that's not a sign she loved them - I don't know what is! (Ha-ha). The next day she sent me a message letting me know she and her family really enjoyed them. She also mentioned the muffins were all gone!That's how yummy they were! No one (including my friend) would ever have guessed these peanut butter banana nut muffins had healthier ingredients. It always makes me feel better and less guilty when I know I'm eating something that's better for me and that's what this recipe does for me! Enjoy. :)



Reduced Fat Peanut Butter Banana Nut Muffins

Ingredients:

4 Very ripe bananas
3/4 cup White whole wheat flour
1/4 cup Sugar (I used Truvia baking blend sugar)
1 1/4 tsp Baking powder
1 1/4 tsp Baking soda
1 1/4 tsp Pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup Reduced fat peanut butter
1 Egg
1/2 cup Chopped walnuts



Instructions:


1.Preheat oven to 350F.

2. Mash bananas with a fork.

3. In a separate bowl combine and with a whisk beat together bananas, egg, vanilla extract, peanut butter, and sugar.

4. In a separate bowl combine white whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and stir into batter.

5.Stir in walnuts.

6. Place muffin liners into muffin pan.

7. Bake for 20 minutes. Once out of the oven let cool on a baking rack for 5-10 minutes.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment