Monday, September 16, 2013

Light Brown Sugar - Ep. 7


Hi everyone,

In my peanut butter chocolate chip cookies video one of the ingredients I used was my homemade brown sugar. My cousin made a video request on how to make it as she believed it would be helpful to others as well as herself. So I put together a quick video demonstrating how I make my better for you homemade light brown sugar. I use the Truvia Baking Blend Sugar that contains a combination of Stevia natural sweetener as well as granulated sugar, which is a healthier alternative rather than simply using granulated sugar, and of course I used molasses to achieve that beautiful light golden brown color. I made a double batch as I wanted it to last me, however if you don't need as much you can easily make half of what the recipe below calls for. If you'd prefer a dark brown sugar simply add 1 cup of granulated sugar and 3 tbsp of molasses. Store the brown sugar in an air tight container to prevent clumping and hardening. I hope you enjoy this quick and simple tip for a better for you light and dark brown sugar.


Light Brown Sugar

Ingredients:

2 Cups Truvia Baking Blend Sugar
2 Tbsp Molasses


Instructions:

1. In bowl add sugar, molasses.
2. Using a fork mash and mix ingredients until well combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment