Monday, September 30, 2013

Pumpkin Bread Pudding- Ep. 11



Fall is finally here which means it's now time for making all things pumpkin along with delicious bowls of soups, stews, pot pies and such. It truly is my favorite season- I just love seeing the leaves beginning to transition into all of the beautiful colors which also means we're a lot closer to all of my favorite holidays. My family knows that come this time of year I go a little nuts in making anything and everything pumpkin- whether it's a bread, muffin, pancake, waffle- you name it! I was excited to see the large quantities of canned pumpkin puree at my grocery store, so of course I just had to stock up! Two days prior to purchasing the pumpkin puree I had purchased a french bread to make subs, unfortunately I never got around to making them.  As I mentioned before, I really dislike to waste food, which brings me to why I decided to make this delicious pumpkin bread pudding using the french bread I just couldn't let go to waste. For this recipe I decided not to add a sauce on top of the bread pudding- as I wanted to cut back on the calories (although, I'm sure it'll taste delicious). I chose to sprinkle a bit of confectioner sugar on top and I just loved the added sweetness it gave the bread pudding without at all overpowering it. This bread pudding paired beautifully with the candy corn coffee I picked up at my local Target store. Enjoy!


Pumpkin Bread Pudding

Ingredients:

1 French bread – cubed
1 Cup pure pumpkin puree
4 Cups skim milk
2 Eggs
½ Cup Truvia baking blend sugar
1 Tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. butter- melted
1 ½ Tsp. pure vanilla extract
Confectioner sugar- for sprinkling


Instructions:

1. In a bowl place cubed bread.
2. In a separate bowl (for wet ingredients), add eggs, pumpkin puree, combine well.
3. Add butter, sugar, vanilla extract, salt and pumpkin pie spice, combine well.
4. Add milk, combine well.
5. Pour custard over bread; combine well so that each piece of bread is nicely coated.
6. Lightly spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
7. Pour soaked bread into casserole.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment